MBC is a public broadcasting corporation. Its largest shareholder is a public organization, Foundation for Broadcast Culture. While it is owned by a public foundation, it operates on advertising. Established in 1961, MBC has grown into a media group with 16 local stations and 8 subsidiaries. MBC operates a total number of 18 channels including 1 terrestrial TV channel, 3 radio channels, 5 cable channels, 5 satellite channels and 4 DMB channels.
MBC produces programs that inform, entertain and impress viewers. MBC makes efforts to communicate and respond to its audiences. Pursuing audience-first approaches, fairness, public interests and creativity, MBC aims to be the most competitive global media group in the 21st century. MBC’s content is well received not just in Korea but also in Asia and rest of the globe.
- Program Production
- Program Domestic/overseas Sales
- Program Co-production
- Channel Management
- 1 Terrestrial, 3 Radio (Fm, Am, Satandard Fm)
- 5 Cable (Drama, Sports, Variety, Music, Queen)
- 5 Satellite (Drama, Sports, Variety, Music, Queen)
- 4 Dmb (Tv(2), Radio(1), Data(1))
- International Cooperation